Why do I need to link my account to Steam?

The legal entity of FAF (details here) doesn't own any copyright or trademark regarding Supreme Commander or Forged Alliance. We also do not have an explicit permission of the current rights holder Square Enix, however GPG explicitely mentioned FAF as a replacement before shutting down GPGnet.

So basically FAF operates in a grey area of the law. To protect ourselves, we decided to make sure that each user of FAF owns a valid licence of Forged Alliance.

As of now, the only way to technically verify that each user owns a Forged Alliance copy is by looking up your Steam accounts game list, which is what happens during the Steam link process.

i need my account linked, for some reason it says i don't have forged alliance in steam but it's in my directory - what can i do

@PEGA_FOX
To those with the same issue:
In your profile settings, Under Privacy Settings, make sure that Game details is set to Public as well.
Steam settings.PNG

So I have the original copy of the game what do I do

@blackwwolf you can use your cd key of the original copy and redeem that on steam for a Gold Edition of the game

@Rowey thx

I had linked my account a while back , its asking me to link my account again when i open the client . Help?

Same problemm as the poster above me.

Played ages ago and steam account is linked. Everything seems to be fine.

However, the app says linking needed, I click on it and it says already linked. No way to skip it, it seems.

Just link again...?

I think it is the case that when they try to link it says their account is already linked.

Oh I misread. Well when it's already linked you obviously have 2 accounts

@brutus5000 You mean 2 different faf accounts?

Dont ever remember creating another one, since one worked last time.
DOnt even know if I have another email to use

Try password reset via Steam. It should give you the account name.

@brutus5000 Thank you, didnt even think to try using a different email, since I never use it anymore.

Didnt think I created my account that long ago. Go
t in now.