25/09 Mini Legend of the Stars #1

Mini Legend of the Stars #1

The Mini Legend of the Stars is a new concept which adds to the mix of events that grant points for entry to the year's end Legend of the Stars event.

Event registration is open to ALL players, but priority will be given to higher ladder ratings.

Tournament Date:

September 25th 13:00 UTC

Challonge: https://challonge.com/an8kmyb7
IRC: #MiniLots

Event LiveCasting:

The event will be casted by [finding casters].

Link: https://www.twitch.tv/faflive

Prize Donations

This event is not covered in the FAF official budget and will rely on donors to receive funding.

Interested in Donating?
Contact myself (Morax) on the Forums/Discord/FAF Client.

Tournament Structure:

The tournament structure is going to be Single-Elimination with the following:

Round 1: 8 matchups in BO1
Round 2: 4 matchups in BO1
Round 3: 2 matchups in BO3
Bronze Match: BO3
Final Round: BO3

Matchups will be seeded (using ladder rating) to streamline elimination of lower seeds.

Maps Selection & Faction Veto:

This tournament will have **NO faction veto **.

The event will have a 15 map pool; however, the BO1 rounds will have a map selected by the TD. The BO3 rounds WILL have a map veto.

For the BO1 rounds, a single map will be selected that all players play.
For the BO3 rounds, maps will be decided by the map veto process.

Map Veto Process

In order to select the maps played for each BO3, the two participants in each stage will discuss amongst themselves which maps they would like to veto. Each player will be given the right to 3 vetoes and the bottom player in the bracket will be given the first veto. Each player will also submit vetoes sequentially. Once the list is down to 9 maps, the players will be given the right to pick which of the nine they wish to play. The bottom seed will be given the right to pick the first map and the top seed will pick the second.

In the case of a tie, the players will veto down to a single map with the bottom seed once again having the first veto.

Map Pool (tbd):

5x5:

Theta Passage - FAF Version
Wiliamson's Bridge
Stickleback Ridge
MapGen (tourney settings)

10x10:
Eye of the Storm - FAF Version
Open Palms
Twin Rivers
Z-D Rasty Lite
Cheeky Isle
Amoor

20x20:
Osiris
The Drunken Beetles Dance
Norfair

Rewards:

You can compare the total points rewarded in comparison to other events here:

LotS Workshop Thread

1st: 10 points
2nd: 8 points
3rd: 6 points
4th: 4 points
5-8th: 2 points
9-16th: 1 point

The Players (16 total, in order of signups):

1st ThomasHiatt
2nd Swkoll
3rd Turbo2
4th EspinoTorreto
5th Auricocorico
6th Inspektor_Kot
7th BllnChk
8th White_Owl
9th grimplex
10th hybrid_
11th ArkAngel_
12th ZLO
13th fruitieN00b
14th MacroNoob
15th Turinturambar
16th Tagada

This tournament will also follow standard FAF tournament rules. Any comments or concerns about the procedures or structure of the tournament? Please post them here.

Signing up

(small chance I will be out that weekend, but ill let you know)

Plot twist - it came true

Hm, can u post situation who already qualified at lots, becouse i dont know I need to play thats or not.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

Same as Tex, I'm signin in, but unsure if work/personal stuff will allow me to play

Is there a reason the tourney starts an hour earlier than usual? Asking for a certain eh.. guy

@espinotorreto Check the LoTS workshop thread, the point standings have been updated there.

@tagada I am still wanna see a place where I can see my name, like it was with ftx , also I searched and not found it. Also my Ava with first place with ladder league tour was deleted and I don’t know why it was, maybe now I have 0 pts.

@espinotorreto
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/1458/lots-2021-workshop-thread/20
The Ava you are talking about - Ladder Knight is not a permanent avatar and it's being held by the current winner of the latest League Invitational.

That was intended to be a perm ava btw, or rather like a yearly one since I wanted to basically have every person get some part of a knight’s gear and then it can be handed off for the next season.

Oh well, we have only 1 so 🤷

well yeah i was only around for 1 of the series to make an ava for 4head

@tagada thanks

Sign me up!
Ladder: 1762

Let's goooo

Why the hell not I got weekend off.
Sign me up.
Time to learn to play 1v1s

Ras Boi's save lives.

Signing up

ERROR
Please enter a longer post. Posts should contain at least 8 character(s).

@thewheelie said in 25/09 Mini Legend of the Stars #1:

Is there a reason the tourney starts an hour earlier than usual? Asking for a certain eh.. guy

What do you mean? I have seen events start between 9 AM and 12 noon my time throughout. What is the "usual" time?

14 or 15 utc

If I can find some TD help I can start some later. For the foreseeable future, had to shuffle around my schedule quite a bit and after last event taking over 7 hours, really going to compromising some days.

I can run some events to start at 14 for sure going forward, but this one in particular I have to ensure I’m done well before some other plans.