Old forum names?

Is there any way to get a field in the profile where people can enter their old forum name, and it will display when they post next to their current name or something?

Maybe I'm just a forum lurker so I never see their ingame names, but it's confusing now that certain people have different names...

I think displaying one name everywhere is the least confusing thing

@AdmiralZeech No, there is no way. We don't know which forum account belongs to which FAF account. Yes there was a field in the old forums where people could put in there account name, but:

1. That is only populated on very few accounts.
  2. The content in there was never verified and also didn't cover the case where people changed their FAF account name.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@Brutus5000 I guess since we have sigs people can put their old forum name in their sig if they want to preserve that identity...

A link to old forums would be good. There is some information there which would be useful for a while still. IE LOUD project links.