CPU rating.

I want to play 6+ player matches but I keep getting the boot because my CPU rating is capped at 450 in the lobby even thought I supposedly have recommended hardware.

My game runs just fine in 1v1 matches. The only real slow down I notice is with AI skimrishes with 7 bots on 81x81 maps.

Here are my specs:
GT 1030
i3 2100 3.1 GHz
8GB Ram

Any thoughts, recommendations?

Close everything you have open in background, like really. Close discord etc, anything that is not necessary for running the game and then try rerunning the cpu test as 450 is not the score you should be expecting. I'd be inclined to think that you could get around 250-300 cpu rating? Also forget about running anything in background while playing as you only have 2 cores available, so that you can avoid simulation slowdows due to some random programs running in background.

Still it's no where enough to be running this game in 6v6 games or even on 4v4 setons as the CPU is gonna struggle a lot with the simulation thread considering this is just 2 core cpu, with those 2 cores not only having to run the game but also run windows and all the other stuff that your pc needs to run.

Run windows without any foreign services and startup items
Win+R -> msconfig -> 1. Selective startup (Use original boot conf only) or 2. ->Services->Hide all system services and deselect all in list, ->Startup-> deselect all
-> Reboot -> Launch faf do the test

@eternal said in CPU rating.:

Run windows without any foreign services and startup items
Win+R -> msconfig -> 1. Selective startup (Use original boot conf only) or 2. ->Services->Hide all system services and deselect all in list, ->Startup-> deselect all
-> Reboot -> Launch faf do the test

Thank you for the reply, althought it took me one step forward, two steps back.
I did as suggested but couldn't run the faf cilent due to some network issue. I checked the browser and couldn't get a connection.

However, I ran supcom offline with 7 ais on a large map and got a noticable change in game speed.

@randomwheelchair said in CPU rating.:

Close everything you have open in background, like really. Close discord etc, anything that is not necessary for running the game and then try rerunning the cpu test as 450 is not the score you should be expecting. I'd be inclined to think that you could get around 250-300 cpu rating? Also forget about running anything in background while playing as you only have 2 cores available, so that you can avoid simulation slowdows due to some random programs running in background.

Still it's no where enough to be running this game in 6v6 games or even on 4v4 setons as the CPU is gonna struggle a lot with the simulation thread considering this is just 2 core cpu, with those 2 cores not only having to run the game but also run windows and all the other stuff that your pc needs to run.

Thank you for the extensive reply. I've already tried that and got no results. Expect the 450 cpu rating and the boot to the ass:(

In this case I guess buying a new cpu is the solution.