August League Invitational - Makeup For July Event

August League Invitational 2021

Welcome to the third Invitational Tournament in the new League Invitational Series concept. This event will use a shortened ladder league due to technical issues that were encountered for a majority of the previous league.

This league will run from the 6th to 26th of August, with invites going out at the close of the league on the 26th. See the "Helpful Links" at the bottom of this post for details and information.

This event will involve the top 8 players of the August League Month facing off against one another in a Swiss Tournament format on August 28th. These players will be fighting not only for a cash prize, but also for points that will help secure themselves a spot in the FAF LotS End-of-the-Year Tournament!

Tournament Dates:

August 28th 13:00 UTC

Challonge: https://challonge.com/23xvezia
IRC: #AugLeague

Event LiveCasting:

The event should be covered by [finding casters].

Link: https://www.twitch.tv/faflive

Current Prize Pool: $150

Interested in Donating?
Contact me on the Forums/Discord/FAF Client.

Tournament Structure:

This Tournament will take the top 8 interested 1800+ players sorted by their placement on the preceding month’s league leaderboard. If a player fails to claim an invite, their spot will be given to the 9th place finisher and so on.

Then, these 8 players will proceed to play a 4 round Swiss Tournament format against one another with each game series being a BO3.

In the case of ties, the following system will be used to get uncontested placements:

First, I will utilize total BO3 wins against the opponents you are tied with.

Then, I will use total point differentials. Essentially if someone won a series 2-0, they will gain 2 point score differential in the tournament. If they win 2-1, they only get 1. If you have more total points across all of your games than the person you tied, you rank higher than them.

If there is still some sort of tie left, then tiebreaker games will be held.

Maps Selection:

The map pool for this event will utilize the ladder pool of the preceding month. It will follow the standard 15 map pool 4/6/5 breakdown from last year’s LotS event.

In order to select the maps played for each BO3, the two participants in each stage will discuss amongst themselves which maps they would like to veto. Each player will be given the right to 3 vetoes and the bottom player in the bracket will be given the first veto. Each player will also submit vetoes sequentially. Once the list is down to 9 maps, the players will be given the right to pick which of the nine they wish to play. The bottom seed will be given the right to pick the first map and the top seed will pick the second.

In the case of a tie, the players will veto down to a single map with the bottom seed once again having the first veto.

Map Pool:

5x5:
Stickleback Ridge
Esgaroth's Ruins
Theta Passage - FAF Version
Mapgen 5x5

10x10:
Open Palms
loki - FAF version
8 - Badlands_v4
Forbidden Pass - FAF version
Mapgen 10x10
serenity desert
Arcane
Vya-3 Protectorare
Darkfall

20x20:
Roanoake Abyss
Crossfire Canal - FAF version
Mapgen 20x20
Emerald Crater
Setons Clutch - FAF version

Rewards:

1st: 12 points, ($100)
2nd: 10 points, ($50)
3rd: 8 points
4th: 5 points
5th: 4 points
6th: 3 points
7th: 2 points
8th: 1 point

The Players:

1st Raider-
2nd Swkoll
3rd P0P0LIAK0V73
4th Nexus
5th Tex
6th Blast_Chilled
7th AutoNoob
8th JaggedAppliance

This tournament will also follow standard FAF tournament rules. Any comments or concerns about the procedures or structure of the tournament? Please post them here.

Helpful Links:

League Leaderboards:
https://www.faforever.com/competitive/leaderboards/leagues

League Months:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/332/faf-league-month-system

Nexus Series Thread:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/1246/faf-league-invitational-series

A special note: 2 of the maps which were used for this month's ladder league have been hidden / unranked by the author, along with his other maps.

These will be replaced and determined over the next day or two. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it is out of our hands to go over an author who elects to do this.

signing up

I can play random right?

signing up

Signing up!

signing up

signing up

I sign up

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

signing up

Just a heads-up, this is starting at 13 UTC, not 14 UTC!!

@espinotorreto said in August League Invitational - Makeup For July Event:

I sign up

I am very sorry but the latest results show you did not quite make it in comparison to the other signups. I am so sorry : (

1st Raider-

2nd Swkoll Tex

3rd P0P0LIAK0V73

4th Nexus

5th Tex

6th Blast_Chilled

7th AutoNoob

8th JaggedAppliance

Swkoll Tex playing shared armies together?

Nice, fixed.

@Morax just an intresting m0ment why Tex arent played w/ Nexus this bracket.

DONT BELIVE BH HE IS LIEING

@espinotorreto said in August League Invitational - Makeup For July Event:

@Morax just an intresting m0ment why Tex arent played w/ Nexus this bracket.

That, and a dozen other things that are terrible about this format.

I didn’t want to change anything set in place since the year is nearly over, but expect some updates to be set in place once we all discuss what happened.

I will make a post about it this week.

@espinotorreto If Jagged beat Blast (which he likely would have done, had he not resigned from the tournament due to how long it had gone on for) Nexus vs Tex would have happened.