Questions about performance

@jip selecting units, drag selecting

Do you have the exception code? And a game log?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip well the game just completely froze my windows i had to press the turn off botton and i dont know how to get the game log.

@jip game_15351245.log that´s a lot of text how do i send to you? email?

You can find me on Discord.

I am running a test game next Saturday the 25th 20:00 GMT +2. I am looking for volunteers to help with this. The game should be balanced: it should represent a typical seton game that slows down at some point. Please contact me on Discord if you have time and interest in joining in. I suspect the minimal rating will be about 1200+ as the game needs to be balanceable.

The aim of the session is to:

• Attach the profiler to the game - this requires a sim mod to function properly. Therefore the game will be unranked. With this data I can view what happens throughout the game and how often certain functions are called. This will help us focus our attention to the things that matter most.
  • CTRL + K everything right before the game ends to see if there is any memory / performance leaking happening.

@jip if I’m in town and online I’ll help with this

@Exselsior thank you for the heads up, I'm afraid I have to cancel it however. There are quite a few issues with the patch that require a hotfix but are not easy to solve. Among them, why games are unranked and the cause of a significant increase of hard-crashes. I need this weekend to try and fix it and aim for a hotfix on Monday.

With the initial version of the profiler merged into FAF Develop I am re-announcing running a few test games to find out where the simulation hurts the most. I need your help for that - please respond below with your Discord name if I can ping you for help. The aim is to do one game tomorrow at around the same time of this message (12:00 GMT + 1), this has a short deadline because there is a game-dev session tomorrow evening and I'd like to discuss the initial results there. Throughout the next weeks I'll have more events planned.

With this information we can finally compare our results with that of LOUD. And with that comparison we can start sniping performance obstacles, similar to how you would snipe a commander in-game.

I feel unfairly picked on - sniped you might say. I'll have to start 'microing'.