1v1 Ladder Map Pool Feedback Thread

Post your feedback for the current 1v1 map pool here and the ladder team will review your feedback.

This post will be updated to reflect the current ladder pool every month:

227255993_846538939307907_6323156571583796486_n.png

I love the addition of Stickleback Ridge, I love seeing new and fresh maps! But dislike how Open Palms stayed again on the pool. I think Open Palms has been played so much and would prefer to see newer/different maps (I don't know much about map balancing and stuff so, it's just a personal preference and not an objective criticism)

FAF Website Developer

@archsimkat Open Palmes FaF version that js all

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

As Harzer posted, the FAF version of Open Palms changes the nature of the map because of the way the centre was mirrored, so I will not be putting it in the ladder pool.

Wouldn't it be better let Svenni know? Like how does it change the map? out of curosity

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

The distance you have to go if you walk via the central path is increased quite a bit because it's now a zig-zag path instead of a straight line. I thought I messaged in the mapping channel at some point but I'll do it again.

Where is the TMM map pool ? I can only find the old pinned thread by FtX

@auricocorico said in 1v1 Ladder Map Pool Feedback Thread:

Where is the TMM map pool ? I can only find the old pinned thread by FtX

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/2520/2v2-tmm-matchmaker-pool

Can you put the current pool into the thread and then can someone pin the thread?

@thomashiatt said in 1v1 Ladder Map Pool Feedback Thread:

Can you put the current pool into the thread and then can someone pin the thread?

Please

Then unpin the old map pool threads in this section of the forum and move the 2v2 map pool thread to that section of the forum and pin it. All of this chaotic, illogical nonsense is why I hate you all. It's trivial to just coordinate and put all the information in the same place.

Why is the map pool pinged in "announcement" not the same as the map pool in the client ? Varga pass is replaced by open palm ...

In celebration of the 15th anniversary of SupCom, I propose that one ladder map pool will contain only OG SupCom/FA maps.

Few maps I would personally like to see again :

• Finn's
  • Crag Dunes
  • Blasted rock
  • Canis river
  • Four leaf clover
  • Haven reef
  • High Noon
  • The Dark Heart
  • Saltorck Colony
  • Snoey triangle
  • Sentry point
  • Field of Isis

These are maps i'd like to see more in general (except for snoey, sentry and high noon lol), they're all decent maps but it feels like they're never in any pool anymore

profile picture credits to petric

Yeah don't do this for 2v2 pool please thanks