Multiple Crashes in a Row

Hello,

I played a rank 1v1, and about 25 minutes in, the game crashed (this is especially unfortunate as I was favored to win).

Subsequently, I joined a 6v6. The game was going great until about 15 minutes in, FAF crashed again.

I have the game logs attached, does anyone know what is causing this or what I can do to fix it? It's a super mood killer 😞

Thank you,
GreenSquier

game_14987925.log
game_14987956.log

Edit: 3rd crash, this time from just watching an old replay

java.lang.RuntimeException: Forged Alliance Crashed with exit code -1073740771. See game_13537288.log for more information
at com.faforever.client.game.GameService.lambda$spawnTerminationListener$43(GameService.java:696)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

I can't see why it happens - but your second game desynced. Do you have the log of the replay? (@Uveso do replays make logs too?)

edit: I've watched the replay (13537288) from start to finish with no crash. I suspect something is off with your local installation. Make sure that:

• (1) You have the latest drivers for your hardware.
  • (2) You verify the integrity of the game files (through steam).
  • (3) You re-download the files of FAF by launching an arbitrary branch (faf develop) instead of the regular branch (faf) when hosting a game (to the left of the window). Then switch back. This should make sure you have the latest files.

I do not suspect that (2) and (3) will do something - it feels like it is related to your system. If available you could try the game on another computer or laptop and see if the crashes keep happening.

On a last note: what mods do you use? And did you fiddle with the game files manually?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think my drivers need updating, but I'll check. Game is bought and downloaded through Steam (years ago). FAF should be on latest update, I'll try that trick you mentioned. Not using any mods, and I don't mess with the game files.

It must be my internet. I played another match and almost got ejected twice due to lost internet connection, but somehow reconnected after a minute both times. It really sucks if this is the case, because I'm not sure there's much I can do about it.

Dam 😞