After losing game, player made death threats in chat.

You can look at the replay in the replay history and at the bottom click the button that says "Download more information" can see the full chat from there

Just enjoy it.

Do you realise you made a grown-up adult cry how hard you crushed him?

Well we are restricted to reports,and you have already made The report, not sure if it's realistic to get him irl, though we did everything possible on our side, no worries

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

I understand, however I do not take death threats lightly

If it happens again, the outcome will be different.

Guys I just checked the status report
it says my report was discarded because of evidence...

???

Btw, you aren't allowed to discuss moderation decisions on public forums.

I was told here that the issue was dealt with but in report tool it was discarded.

I have evidence.

Basically I want to know how the community is protected from toxic players...

MLWATKK I've already PMed you about your report. If you're unhappy with the decision we can discuss it further there.

RandomWheelchair is right, we don't allow moderation issues to be discussed publicly for privacy reasons. If you continue to do so I'll have to lock the thread.

Did you PM here or on the FAF website?

Think you should just stop being a snowflake and man up. I don't think someone making a flippant threat is such as issue. It would be different if the person had shown actual intent to do something, then it's clearly breaking the law of whatever jurisdiction they are in, and from a personal standpoint, the person is showing themselves to be a morally dubious person but taking action when someone makes idle threats, to me strikes of coming across like a young child. There used to be a phrase for situations like this: "sticks and stones"

.... just my personal opinion.

@YouTheNoob
I agree there is a >99% chance there is no intent behind an online death threat in FAF but the optics are terrible.

League of Legends is famous for its toxicity and "kys" tagline. Despite it going pretty nuclear on toxicity it's still known for it. Same can be said for other games such as Counter Strike. You should moderate hard against this kind of stuff because a welcoming community is vital for retention and attraction. You also should moderate extra hard so such toxicity doesn't display itself in the pro-scene tournament finals - because pro-level gameplay in a competitive game is some of its core marketing material.

The same can be said of racial slurs. In the last 2 years I've seen on 3-4 occasions some of the more well known pros use "ni**er" in chat repeatedly as well as repeated use of the seraphim voice taunt "There can only be one superior race" (or however it goes). Even recently in a pro setons game I saw some teammates on voice comms and I assume a guy joined because one of them pm'ed the other (ingame) "wtf there's a ni**er in chat".

I'm as big as guy on free-speech as anyone but the optics here are frankly terrible and even if it happens 1 in 10,000 games it only takes exposure to a few incidents for FAF to get a reputation.

Threats of violence or death even as joking has no place in games

Everyone needs to remember that people have been seriously harmed (maybe died I'll have to find it later) from threats from games, look up swatting, it does happen

I really don't care about hate speech, I just think it will scare new players away and kids need not to be exposed to it too early

This happened 3 hours away from me in 2017, deadly outcome

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Wichita_swatting

Let's put this into perspective, 2.9 million people die every year in the USA, 300,000 of those die from coronary heart disease. Every man and his dog is online now. The chance of someone actually coming to your house and doing anything is almost zero. Yes, some nutter killed someone but that's like saying you're refusing to go outside because you might get hit by a meteorite. If you were a well-known YouTube star or the guy had your personal details, then the risk goes up considerably but the way I see it, every day the window of acceptable speech gets smaller and smaller because people get more and more offended. Should the guy have made threats, no. Should he get more than a message reprimanding him and reminding him it is not acceptable to say things like that... again, in my opinion: no.

Piss of the idiots online and walk down the street with confidence that the bus is more likely to kill you when you cross the street, than the guy who thought you were crap at the game and cost him his ranking XD

Not sure why it's even relevant whether the threat would actually lead to action or not. A death threat is completely out of line, stop downplaying it.
"stop being a snowflake and man up" <- This is cringe.

This thread has run it's course and is now locked.

For future reference please use the report tool to contact FAF moderation. If you feel the need to contact local authorities to press charges then you are of course free to do so.