SCTA Project: Balance, Bugfixing, and more!

This weekend update or this week update is up now. There were some changes forgot to do, but the ARM Commander by Balth of Brewlan, is now finished and uploaded. It also contains several Volva portings done by my predecessor Axle. And a couple other unit replacements. Now SCTA only has 80 or so building lefts to replace. ARMCOM.png

Today latest update:
SCTA Engi Mod, is now finalized! Here how it works:
TA T1 Factories can upgrade at a comparable cost to HQ upgrade in Supreme Commander Forged Alliance Forever.

Once done so the Tech 1 engineers have there Tech 2 build suite unlocked. Enabling you to build Advanced Labs. These are are costed around 33% more than a Support Factory.

Unlocking Level 2 occurs automatically once 10 minutes of game time has lapsed.

The T2 Labs can also build T3 Units eventually.

Unlocking T3 requires a tech 3 upgraded plant to be built. Which will unlock tech/level 3 for TA Factions. Or once 20 minutes of game time has lapsed. And the Hover and Seaplane Platforms are costed similarly to Tech 3 Support factories.

SCTA has an AI! Thank you to Relentor created of RNG. SCTA now has an AI. It is fully functional for what it is intended to do. It is similar in conception and functionality to Dilli. Its mostly T1 Land spam. But it does tech up.

ARMBase.png

We have now AI Support for SCTA, these are some examples taking from a quick game I did earlier today. You can can see a few our newer models here as well. Additionally the TA Building Shader in action here. Then of course one of the more most recent additions, was gonna to be shown off last SCTA tournament but alas it couldn't be, but from Balthazar of Brewlan:
ARMCOM.png

They have also done the Pee Wee and the Spider. But now the big news for next week. The next SCTA Show Match will be a neat treat. Our own OzoneX, creator of the FAF editor and long time contributor to our community. Will be on Stream with a legendary man from old days of yore:

Karp.png

Armoured Fish! Armoured Fish had done quite a bit for the Supcom Community back in days of GPGnet. You'll recognize his name from TA Music Mod, and he was also the one responsible for creating the TA building shader in use by SCTA. He similarly made the original building shader used by Nomads and is responsible for porting the TA sound effects in the SCTA Mod. And Armoured Fish maintains a program called Mappy which is a map editor for TA. The topics on stream will range from expectations of mappers from a mapping program, to the process of creating shaders. As well comparing the mapping process, and of course some good old analysis of gameplay, how TA and Supcom differ.

JaggedAppliance will be casting the stream starting at 2:30 PM EST on the 19th of February. The show matches will take place on streamers choice map, a map chosen by our other special guest, and map by the Supreme Commander Representative. But the last match played (if finished) will be on the SCTA Revised Gods of War, made by our own creative councilor, Biass.

The other guest of honor will be TAG_Rock, an older from GPGNet, and a TA and Supcom pro.

The player availability depending we might have a special treat for everyone at the end or later that day.

So today update or week. I had alot of small revisions or fixes thanks to Rock. A few bug fixes and a new factory model. Couple big things however is several TA Energy costs been reeaxmined. And several been increase or decreased. Solars get a small mass cost increase (90 to 120) to try ajd promote building Winds more. Mostly been a cross board reduction in energy costs for SCTA

Tomorrow SCTA Update; some bugfixing, a little bit of rebalancing of course some new models. TA E Drain mechanics have gotten reworked much of the code has been improved overall. A little fixes here and there nothing major.

Only 30 models left, not counting ones that were commissioned. And join tomorrow for glorious SCTA gameplay testing on the discord at Noon EST

Today update, mostly minor, a rework of scta engi mod (again). I might have one more rework to go until I am happy with it. Otherwise some pretty basic things.

Today I released an emergency bugfix and included tje change meant for next week because the Mine Layers won’t be renabled for SCTABalance, instead the FARK and Necro have both gained the ability to build the mines.

This post is deleted!

SCTA Mod is now uploaded for the week! we have a couple new things. ANOTHER reworking of SCTA Engi Mod. Through now it is finalized and unlikely to be changed again in the future. The next SCTA Show Match is official! And with a banner courtesy of Phong.scta_portrait.png

This week we'll be seeing the likes of Postal from Total Annihilation replays face off again Swkoll this time. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLavjsigQSOmg3q62ckLKVA
Guests include two famous modders, the creator of TA Zero, Vohvelieläin and, Balthazar the Creator of Brewlan. Alongside discussion of various environments modders have to plan and build for, there will be discussions of moddng process itself. And today's showmatches will focus and highlight on high economic enviroments using Crazy Rush and Metal Worlds.

The stream will be at 9:30 PM EST to 11:30 PM EST on Wednesday the 31st. We also be taking a journey for some of us on memory lane, to see an place to play TA!

This week update out, a couple fixes here and there. Some solidly major updates, in other areas. Mostly a bit of improvement all around will be trying to diagnosis in the upcoming weeks why core over arm is when played by ai can cause sim issues

SCTA is updated for the week. If any errors occur let me know. The upcoming showmatch this be the first time casted on faflive, will be between the Mighty Bully. And the upcoming 2k Raider.

The Zlo & Banana v Natas show match happened next SCTA is the 1v1 event this weekend. Come and join glorious SCTA gameplay!

Next SCTA Event 2v2 Showmatch with Archsimkat. And casters TBA. I will contacting SCTA Showmatch regulars as well shortly

The showmatch has been due to events scheduled for tomorrow, featuring SA Clan casted by Jagged who will be joined by some TA Pros discussing the mod, player actions and more! Also the update for this week is out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVukA3ixN8_ZNxnqxq3YD1g/join

Next SCTA Showmatches! This is time the Average DudeBro Match. Casted by my Clanmmate Harzer of EDC and potentially with Endranii on FAFLive is all goes well. Featuring regulars of lower ranked tournament, TheDuelist and Spikey Noob, who is representing Bar Codes everywhere. Now this Showmatch will in addition to featuring SCTA will have a special treat for all involved. Two of the games will be featuring Nomads, of the mainstay and well recognized mods on FAF. And then alongside that a series regular, who often gets their work showcased on stream. Balthazar of BrewLan, whom will be talking to the casters about process of making and maintaining new models.

Alongside we'll see answers from Vohv of TAZero and Exotic of Nomads, about the process of faction design. And how one goes about creating and maintaining modded factions, as well the process of what makes those factions unique. This showmatch will take place 10 AM EST, July 10th. Overall the showmatch focus is on Factional Design.

The next showmatch, will see a return of Series Regular Swkoll casting the Legendary TAG_Rock against the Starcraft Pro and Swkoll Clanmate: Se7ven. Alongside standard SCTA games, Se7ven will be dipping his toes into the newest TA Mod released, called ProTA. An OTA Mod done in much the same fashion FAF has been done. That showmatch will take place 28th around 6:30 PM EST.

Just realize no update in almost a month. Nothing major has happened just some minor tweaks and updates, and a new model from Balthazar of BrewLan!

Come one and come all! For the next SCTA Showmatch! This featuring (if all goes as planned) the illustrious TAG_Rock, facing off against Tagada and perhaps Tex using the TA Factions. Now of course as an Old Pro is learning some new tricks, we will also be seeing the Starcraft Pro Se7ven playing the TA factions against some of the Supreme Commander ones, under the Command (pun not intended) of Tex and others. But yes that sounds like every other show match, Dragun is this one gonna be any different?

Casted by Jagged Appliance on his YouTube Channel, we'll be looking over the replays of these titans of our game. But this one will be a special treat. So one of the Supreme Commanders claim to fame, was the AI system. Now there is much to debate about the competency of the AI's, but this showmatch has I a believe a unique element to it. Earlier showmactes have focused on various elements of Supreme Commander Forged Alliance game design:
We have talked mapping and modding
We have talking balancing and factional design

But now, drumroll please, we will be talking -ai design! As part of the analysis, Jagged and myself will be watching some AI games. Featuring the SCTA AI facing off against other Supreme Commander's AI, several of them recently featured in AI Tournament and Rainbow Cup. The SCTA AI's facing off against AI Swarm made by Azrealian Angel, a developer of a sister Forged Alliance Community called the LOUD Project. And the RNG AI by Relentor, an AI which has notched a few wins and a title in recent months at the AI Tournament that was hosted by the illustrious TD Swkoll.

As we watched these AI games, as circumstances allow and come up, I'll be showcasing some answers shared to me by Sprouto, one of the founders (if not the Founder) of the LOUD Project and, a contemporary of the famous Sorian. Additionally there will be other answers to some these same questions from other AI Developers about the AI and their approach to the AI.

Come to Jagged’s Channel Noon EST on September the 15!

Today’s update:
First the icon patched has patched so units now have support for unique icons. Let me know if you all dislike the various SCTA Unique icons. Secondly I have undid the aoe nerf to TA AA Units. I have however increased the E and M cost of TA intie equivalent. TA Inties now cost 2400 E and 50 Mass vs Supcom Inties 2250 E and 50 Mass.

There been a few other works. Next update I’ll will be doing some work on the Vulcan and potentially Buzzsaw size.

Happy Holidays