TMM 3v3/4v4+ testing - volunteers needed!

Update: We will need to do a second test! Same time next week, details at the bottom of this post have been updated.

It's about that time! TMM for larger teams is nearing completion and we need your help playtesting it.

When we started work on the team matchmaker we decided to only worry about 2v2 so we could focus our efforts on getting all of the logistical things working first and then expand our algorithm later to handle larger teams. @BlackYps has been doing exactly that over the last few months, and now we are reaching the point where we think it is almost ready. But, we need A LOT of people to help us test it. At least 6 for 3v3, 8 for 4v4, etc (yes, its hard for us to get this many testers together).

So hop into the #role-selection channel on the FAF discord and react with the 🚨 emoji to get reminders about the testing session. I will send out a reminder ping at the end of the week.

When: Sunday, June 27th @ 18:00 UTC
Where: FAF Discord in the #faf-testing channel
What: We will be queuing for games in our test environment. Your rating will not be affected.

Past test:

• Sunday, June 20th @ 18:00 UTC Completed

Is full share used in 3v3 and 4v4?

Good point. For now it will be because it’s not configurable. Will have to add the ability for the server to configure those types of game settings.

Odds are a queue for both will exist (at least for 4v4) since the share condition enables different maps to be viable at that game size. Mainly, 10x10 4v4 requires share until death and 20x20 generally needs full share.

On it!!!!

Assuming I’m in town I’ll be happy to help with this testing. Not certain yet I’ll actually be available, but if I am I‘ll help

Same ill do my best to be there.

+1 ready to help

Just ping the role on discord and I will show up If I'm gonna be home.

Ill try to remember, since I hardly ever use discord

I'll be there, if only to test the replay server some more 😄

I'm a very busy man with my ladder career but I will show up!

The embodiment of depression...

i am eager to help

i can help u =D

It’s awesome to see so many people willing to help! I’ll be sending out a reminder ping tomorrow.

Ill be there

Okay guys, first, thank you all very much for helping! However I got some uuuh, unexpected news for you:
Despite looking like a success, we will have to do the test again. We discovered after the test that I actually forgot to make the server actually use the new matchmaker code. The whole test ran on the old code that is used for the 2v2 queue at the moment. I didn't expect it to be able to handle the bigger queues, but that explains the surprisingly large rating differences that we saw and also that severly unbalanced game that we had in the end.

So we will do another test next sunday (June 27th) at 18:00 UTC again.

@Exselsior @llllIllllIlINoob @Hemfast @RandomWheelchair @StormLantern @MazorNoob @grimplex @kramar @kiteNoob @RowanMorseYT

See above

Today I've been able to take a look into the server log from our testing session. It confirmed that things went well. So the test was a success! Thanks again to everyone that helped me with testing!
There are some minor touch ups to do and we also have to set everything up for the production environment, so don't expect a release next week, but we are getting close to a finish line now. If nothing unexpected happens, we can probably see a release in a few weeks.

Winner!!!