Portal tech3

I´ve seen youtube videos where aparently people get pre-set suport commanders out of portal tech 3

Do i need to set up those pre-sets in game?
So if i get portal i can get RAS suport ACU right out of portal to eco-whore? I think ive seen people do this in astro crater...
Or a full combat set?

If seen people surround the portal with tech 2 mass fabricators, is it good???

the portal has pre-set support commanders in it's unit construction selection.

surrounding a factory with any mass generation buildings (mexes or fabricators) gives it a % discount on consumption of mass, so it can be useful

@kdrafa91 said in Portal tech3:

Do i need to set up those pre-sets in game?

Nope, part of FAF by default

So if i get portal i can get RAS suport ACU right out of portal to eco-whore?

Yes

Or a full combat set?

Yes

If seen people surround the portal with tech 2 mass fabricators, is it good???

It won't hurt, but I don't think it makes a huge difference. You can find a list of adjacency bonuses here. I don't remember if RAS specifically has lowered adjacency values and the wiki isn't updated or if it's blanket for the quantum gate.

I´ve built the portal vs bots in game lauched by steam and i did not found any templates
It´s only on FAF client then right?

Yes, although you can also launch the client offline via C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe

@deribus Thanks.
Also ive seen some videos where Cybran ACU was cloaked and lasering 2 chickens while they could do nothing.

Is target ground the only counter to that? except for omni.

You could also snipe the enemies energy.
(Assuming the chickens are already in the enemy base)

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice