Hint in loading screen about how ping works

Apparently, there's no difference between 400 ping and 100 ping, as the game works in 500ms intervals so the effect of ping only changes with 500ms intervals; so ping would have to be over 500 to appear any different to any ping below 500.

However, ANZ players with pings decently below 500 constantly get kicked from matches with the message "Reason: Ping" by European hosts, presumably with the logic "They're on the opposite side of the world, they'd single-handedly ruin the ping for everyone else".
And while it is true that we're on the opposite side of the world to Europe, it doesn't matter, unless somehow the ping does actually get above 500 (which would require unusually bad internet)

So, could we have a loading screen hint that mentions that unless someone's ping is showing in the lobby, ping has zero effect on gameplay?

well we designed the hints, as hints for the game. But it could be used for broader communication indeed.

I think a hint like this is a great idea.

I like this idea. I'd also like to see a lot more hints added to the loading screens in general, anything that helps the learning curve is always welcome.

We need hints with a full BO when u join a setons game

@llllillllilinoob said in Hint in loading screen about how ping works:

We need hints with a full BO when u join a setons game

It's supposed to be an hint, not a full paragraph of informations that nobody would read anyway or care much about, also hints are shown at random

@gruffman said in Hint in loading screen about how ping works:

I like this idea. I'd also like to see a lot more hints added to the loading screens in general, anything that helps the learning curve is always welcome.

There aren't many loading screens, but what I would suggest is adding hints in a scrolling bar in the client, with even a button to pop up all of the hints, maybe only in aeolus tab or both game and chat tabs, currently added in the game files (implementation may be with a bit of headaches) or add them in the lobby (implementation will cause headaches, probably)

And for adding hints, both gameplay and connection related hints would be excellent to add

@bellatrix said in Hint in loading screen about how ping works:

as the game works in 500ms intervals

Source? I knew it was always a bit odd but never saw those numbers before.