Calling for nine2 to resign as Promotions Councillor

The only contributor I know who has been driven away by toxicity (okay that a lie I know two second one is not story I know well enough however). Is if you could even call him that, Mirddes.

And it wasn’t Ftx or Morax who drove Mirddes over the edge, it was me. And that is a story I can regale everyone with if you are curious. But at the moment it’s irrelevant. Now all their other contributors? I don’t know.

Neroxis? Is only one beside Speed2 and Exotic whose spoken up at this situation and has left FAF. And in fact just recently, we had an amazing break through.

The Init File situation has been finally solved after months of hellish. Fun time. I went to Brutus, who sent me to Speed, who sent me to client developer.

Which led me to Sheikah. Sheikah then went on a scavenger hunt and then recently he found the solution. Now SCTA and other Sim Mods (BrewLan by Balthazar, Advanced Strategic Icons, Mayham Lite by Wodzu, etc) Can all be on mod vault now. Hell I people exist who want to backport Planetary Annihilation Icons.

This same fix allows us to deploy an init so game can read custom props from map folders. You know how amazing this is?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

@dragun101 said in Calling for nine2 to resign as Promotions Councillor:

This same fix allows us to deploy an init so game can read custom props from map folders. You know how amazing this is?

i know off topic but this has been discussed and it's to open to abuse so new props are going in the faf repo

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

Considering the amount of times i've seen "you're chasing away all the contributors!" in the last week i feel like i have to point out that developers are not the only contributors and i can't help but notice that most of the support ftx actually gets is from active contributors.

15ca6ea0-2411-49d3-9b58-87137a14c7b1-image.png

1fa31d1a-bcd9-4175-800c-593533146bac-image.png

27494908-64ec-4ef3-9726-d6c7a81a5bf8-image.png

91b08bd9-38c5-4636-b63b-a71f72bd060a-image.png

e914ce3e-86bb-4762-af5b-603a0a888bd8-image.png

Pretty sure FAF has some toxicity.

The rabid toxicity....

context.png

God I hope to never meet some of you guys for a conversation in real life.

I frankly dont give a shit about all the internal drama and debate, and never will. I've worked with ftx on managing some tournaments and had zero issues.

Besides that, someone with a conflict of interest like trying to hawk your spin-off game definitely does not deserve any place on this "council". As for the rest of the drama, let them work it out. FTX and sheeo have always seemed to have faf's best interests in mind.

If this is about the fact that the news was used as a tool > that same tool was offered to all councilors to use.

If this is about the fact that a councilor spoke in favour of a candidate > There are no rules that is not allowed. In real life politicians are always talking about their candidates.

that's just something they say to make me look bad and derail the conversation =).

the reality is the council has let me continue for now. but two delightful councilors raise this smear campaign story again and again.

@nine2 said in Calling for nine2 to resign as Promotions Councillor:

the reality is the council has let me continue for now.

Can we get confirmation from councilors on that, whatever the decision process is?

There hasn't been any form of official "you may proceed" from the council. As far as I know this is a lie.

FtX has set up the in-council inquiry literally just now.
Pretty sure the board is doing stuff as well?

Let’s first get it clear that there is really not that much precedent to operate on for something like this.

Nine has been contacted by the Board and they seem(?) to be handling stuff on their end. I have no idea what is going on there.

BUT

Giebmasse and Brutus are both Councillors and Board members. I’ve set up a basic process in the Council channel to make things move smoothly on our end if we need anything on our end to actually happen. The sort of necessary interaction between the Board and Council in the matter is, however, entirely unclear and basically relies on the two above to keep everyone informed.

The next update about the situation will probably be some formal decision (however it ends up being reached) that gets posted somewhere.

It is simply a fiction that the council is against my game. FTX and Biass are milking it for all they a worth and spreading it as far and wide as possible. But yes it would be good if the other councilors could confirm what has been talked about in the council.

@judahx said in Calling for nine2 to resign as Promotions Councillor:

15ca6ea0-2411-49d3-9b58-87137a14c7b1-image.png

1fa31d1a-bcd9-4175-800c-593533146bac-image.png

27494908-64ec-4ef3-9726-d6c7a81a5bf8-image.png

91b08bd9-38c5-4636-b63b-a71f72bd060a-image.png

e914ce3e-86bb-4762-af5b-603a0a888bd8-image.png

Pretty sure FAF has some toxicity.

Just a little follow up to this: searching for the n-word on the FAF discord server brings up 23 pages of results 6de21562-9d3f-48da-a0ce-4002fe17c466-image.png
Most occurrences are from select few users (yes, including ftx).

Obviously the amount of messages in each server is different, but I searched for the n-word on a few other
loosely similar discord servers for reference.

FAF: 568 occurrences
Sanctuary: 0 occurrences
Immortal: Gates of Pyre: 0 occurrences
Godot Engine: 30 occurrences (note that this is a very big server)
Pocketwatch Games: 11 occurrences
BRNK: 3 occurrences
A Year of Rain: 0 occurrences
RTS Games Lovers: 1 occurrence
Bannermen: 0 occurrences

Now it's not exactly a secret that this word is generally frowned upon and racials slurs are forbidden in virtually any public space, at least in western society. It does not matter how you feel about this word personally. Do you think it's silly that people are upset by a mere word? Do you think that people should grow a thicker skin? Do you find it cringe that people are getting mad by proxy even though the word does not relate to them directly? Again, it does not matter what you think. The community will be judged regardless of how silly you think it might be. Even the people who do not care about the n-word in the slightest take it as a massive warning sign "toxic community ahead, steer clear".

And why is it that you feel it necessary to use problematic language?

• Do you like baiting people into being offended, because you find amusement in their reactions?
  • Do you feel like you are getting away with something when being edgy?
  • Are you trying to make some grand statement about the pointlessness of sjw culture?
  • Or did you merely pick up the habit from other people?

Let's be honest it's really fucking childish. Also moderators need to get their shit together.

And no, this is obviously not the only form of problematic communication in FAF, but this fruit is hanging so low that it's undeground in Onkalo, the world's first permanent residence of nuclear waste.

This thread is dedicated to nine2's actions and the call for his resignation. The moderation team will ensure that existing comments discussing other topics be removed or moved to a new thread, and that future comments are on-topic.

This thread has taken more twists and turns then I could have ever though possible. How in gods name are we discussing Etymology now?

Edit* Awww, whoever deleted the previous posts makes me sad. Now my post has no context.

Do what you must.

@tex tenor (1).gif

Since this thread seems to have run its course, it is now locked.

As Biass has already mentioned the council will look into it.