[MOD] PJ Infrastructure Pack for play with AIx

AFAIK auto reclaim mods have always been against faf rules .

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Hi @splitice
It wasn't me who removed this mod. I really like improvement what you did.
I'm agree with you on everything what you said. SC moding community released many great mods but many of them are not usable (lost to players) as original authors are not updating them for whatever reason (personal life, no longer playing, etc). And on many cases there are not possible to contact them.
This is a shame that modder who can improve/update/maintaine old mods, can't do this without prmission of original author as it is against rules. Becouse of this many great mods are lost to comunity (author can't be contacted). Maybe some compromise needed?
On other hand, i can understand copywrite part and why it is done. It should be a really valid reason for that.
But still it is a shame that many great mods has been lost becouse of this.

@foxy_pj aware. Gripe directed at whomever involved, not you sorry if that was unclear.

Not exacty against rules explicitly or how copyright or takedown works (e.g us supreme court finding re; right to modify software). But hey nothing I can do about it other than not upload content to the vault.

If faf staff were concerned about legality they would look into the legal models used by similar services e.g:

• github
  • fanfiction (e.g otw)
  • other moddb sites all of which deal with derivative works (most of the mods in the vault would be infringing on GPG if not for that supreme court finding)
  • or; even force appropriate licencing

This is kind of off topic for this thread (sorry), so I'll leave it here.