Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1

If the rest of the Council didn’t want to work with me I’d have been removed from the Council during the review period. This is an attempt to remove me because I intend to hold nine responsible for things Blackheart posted above as well as some other elements.

I’ll respond to this more in depth with actual context surrounding events if the thread is ultimately determined to be kept up. Because again, the area to air all of this out and actually determine if I’m actually incapable of working with the Council would have been in the Council.

This is nine not getting his way and instead airing out half context for drama in order to get me out and get somebody that would let him post about his personal game project on FAF news. And hopefully someone unaware of the paradox justification loops he sets up to not actually do his job in exploring how to promote and doing promotion on FAF. People want to know why I had to do FAFLive? I’ll explain it here!

I've been pulling back from the forum (forums are usually someplace I'm quite active) recently because the level of constant vitriol just drains my motivation to do so.

The discord? forget it. I'm with nine on this, this has to stop.

I'm trying to get people to come onto FAF. I keep recommending the forum and the discord, but there's always this nagging thought in the back of my head that it's a bad recommendation.

I hate that. I wish I could just recommend both with a clear head and no lingering thoughts of doubt.

I keep reminiscing about the GPG days and early to mid FAF days. I remember back then my experience of the online community made me think : "wow! people here have really built something special, where you can feel like a community!"

I legitimately thought there were very few if any nicer gamer communities on earth.

I understand that there's a realistic level we can aspire to today and that level isn't the early FAF days.

But we've got to start doing something.

We've got to have Some standards. rather than the none that we have right now.

In no other gaming community would it be acceptable for representatives of said community to be odious, vitriolic or use ad hominem attacks on a constant basis ....why is it tolerated on FAF?

This should not be the appearance we/FAF give off.

@tatsu said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

I've been pulling back from the forum (forums are usually someplace I'm quite active) recently because the level of constant vitriol just drains my motivation to do so.

I’m sure you’re pulling back because of the toxicity and not because you’re busy working on your own FAF-derivative game and going around the Council to get people to everyone ping about your game on official FAF Discords with no actual oversight from FAF management.

This post is deleted!

didn't peoples mothers tell them that sticks and stones will break your bones but names will never hurt you

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

@blackheart said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

Ok, FtX is mean. Do you have any other points as well, or is this some last ditch attempt to bad PR him?

Wonder why he is mean?

Maybe because:

• There is a guy running the show here who is perma-afk and who has failed to supply what he demands of FtX for the FAFlive channel, which FtX already supplied (financial overview and a sheet detailing where the FAF patreon money goes, for the past years). If you do the math, there should be a lot of money, and in best case it has been mismanaged, in worst case - draw your own conclusions.

I assume you’re referring to me here? FtX has yet to supply the intended payout list for the FAFlive channel.

I have supplied the information I can give about the patreon funds to those who have asked including those who attended the association meeting.

Sometime later this year, as promised in the announcement, the full accounts and details are to be posted for the 2021 year and going forward.

I suggest you draw conclusions based on facts Instead of hearsay.

• There is in general complete apathy and 0 will from your end to move matters forward, its natural to get annoyed when your attempts to do something get locked by afk people who arent willing to do more than set up 1 meeting per 6 months

Again, are you referring to me?

I have spent more than 40 hours this year just responding to toxic spam. I have done several voice calls and invited those who want.

I might appear AFK to you because you don’t see my communications (you’re not in zulip and most communication here goes on in private).

But it’s also exactly the kind of the toxic narrative invented by the persons referred to here.

If you and your buddy big S wouldnt hide behind closed doors and also try to work on stuff more than 1 talk per half year FtX toxcity would disappear (yes yes, Ftx is impossible to work with, etc. - because he actually works).

I’m not hiding anywhere. FtX was invited to participate and work things out and has on countless occasions caused the conversation to utterly derode into toxicity.

oh hey its the big pileup of the year. i even came out of the Retard-cave to post here. i think its my first post since the new forum appeared isnt that nice.

i mean the funny thing is nines right though innit

if youre competent the world is full of places to go since, well, thats what it looks like when you can do stuff. so you think why do i have to talk to these dudes who try to obstruct things i do in faf, when i can just go somewhere else and not do that. so you leave, easy for you, bad for faf but also not your problem.

you can tell if the dude writes a quitting post then comes back a few weeks later since they have nowhere else to go 😆

anyway i had that thought about 3-4 years ago and quietly resigned from every position i had in faf since i had better stuff to do. I kept managing nomads though because i liked that so why not.

So what did i do anyway for faf, well a couple of things:
I maintain the nomads mod
i was a moderator
i was the wiki admin
I was on the balance team
i have code in the faf patch like the shield bouncing the target priorities thing and well the hundreds of other commits i dunno
i maintain the 3dsmax and blender supcom model importers
adding video to faf code is possible because of me
there was some other stuff i forgot, something like making python client themes and half the fancy faf avatars

imagine all the other dudes who also just stopped doing things because why spend time with people who are dicks to you when you have all these people outside faf who arent dicks to you that you can spend time with instead

i do love the hit squad that comes out as soon as you talk bad about one of the boys though. thats great.

@ftxcommando said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

going around the Council to get people to everyone ping about your game on official FAF Discords with no actual oversight from FAF management.

that is quite the ...interesting way to put it.

this is just some more ad hominem so since you didn't bother to formulate it truthfully, I'll let the truth come back to nag you when it does come out. (but it's not my job to correct you)

In the meantime you can correct yourself on your own if you feel like it.

I know you won't and that you much prefer falsehoods and leading others on. I won't play your game.

@exotic_retard said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

i do love the hit squad that comes out as soon as you talk bad about one of the boys though. thats great.

I do love the sanctuary squad that comes out as soon as you talk bad about one of the boys though. thats great.

going around the Council to get people to everyone ping about your game on official FAF Discords with no actual oversight from FAF management.

this is just some more ad hominem so. since you didn't bother to formulate it truthfully. I'll let the truth come back to nag you when it does come out.

I know won't and that you much prefer falsehoods and leading others on. I won't play your game.

apo1.png

apo2.png

apo3.png

apo 4.png

apo5.png

Far as I'm concerned it's a bannable offense for you and as nine is project manager of this game, he should be held responsible for failing to communicate to his team what the line in the sand was for FAF after he was told this was off the table.

i suggest that we do not discuss S________ on the FAF forums, that is surely going to upset some people.

Yea lets not discuss it on the forums guys, bad place

Half the reason I think you made this drama post was to force me into talking about it because all of your drama accusations revolve either around you manipulating FAF contributors with bad contracts or through you abusing your position and seeing how far you can push the envelope for advertising other games and then apply that line in the sand to your own game.

This is yet another feather in the cap for advertising your game.

I think it is safe to say this backfired

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

this is just some more ad hominem so. since you didn't bother to formulate it truthfully. I'll let the truth come back to nag you when it does come out.

I know won't and that you much prefer falsehoods and leading others on. I won't play your game.

Far as I'm concerned it's a bannable offense for you and as nine is project manager of this game, he should be held responsible for failing to communicate to his team what the line in the sand was for FAF after he was told this was off the table.

Yea this kind of advertising is completely unacceptable.

Ah and here is nine2 attempting to shift the blame and put it off of his own team and directly onto Apofenas.

apo 6.png

apo7.png

I’m of course happy for anyone to air out their issues either now, or when it actually appeared. My pms are open or you can forward it anonymously through a middleman.

However, for the interests of making an informed opinion about the topic, you need to be aware of the following:

Exotic_Retard
speed2
Tatsu
nine2

Have both:

A financial incentive to reply here - all part of a team developing a game that tatsu/nine2 co manage
A career incentive to post here (nine2 pays or organised the payment of their salary for the financial incentive)
They were directly asked to post here through private message.

Your opinions are your own about the topic, however I don’t think choosing to omit this information is particularly acceptable.

I don't understand why the inner chats of the council are brought here up at all. Nobody can even read these chats aside from the council members. If you feel like the tone is hindering the work of the council then this has to be discussed in the council and only in the council!

I can't stand by when a Russian server is thrown out in this storm and a person is accused of violating the rules of the official faf community, which applies only to

87ba9f9d-345f-417d-847f-aaaa0cb28b70-image.png

as I understand it, this only applies to the official discord server, which is provided by FAForever.

Logically, there can't be more than one official server. There is the main one, and heirs, or childrens. But the Russian server does not belong to any of the above. This server was created by SID and the Russian community in-house.

Even if you don't take it into situation. Official servers should not be somehow belittled in a functional way. For example, in beginning RU server has the same functionality as official one. I talking about the discord-aeolus chat. But where is it now? Left to hell. Yes we got the #russian chat, but what for? These language regions are all inactive

Rules of ru discord
900a3498-88ff-4e0b-80a4-9518a7055d3d-image.png

1fef7d3d-ce06-4a5c-b670-df736d055084-image.png

@blodir said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

Yea this kind of advertising is completely unacceptable.

Tatsu messaged me with a clarification to this situation. Apparently these screenshots are from the FAF-RU server that is not officially associated with FAF, which of course changes everything. It is the FAF-RU server administration's business whether they want to allow this kind of advertisement or not. So I retract my earlier statement.