Discord Roles are tied to Discord user accounts, not FAF accounts. We have no mapping between those two types of accounts.
Optimally each badge would be just an icon (in forum and client), and if the users hovers over it it would show the badge name in a tooltip. But again, this only makes sense if we can sensibly integrate in both the forum and the client. This would be the big blocker.
To get an initial list of responsibilities i need an overview about all current responsibilities of basically any contributors, including ones that currently are outside of councillor responsibilities. And it would probably be good to take some inspiration from the Discord roles too. Anyway need some time for this, but to flesh the idea out some more here is the direction it could take:
Below, when i say "FAF" i mean all things concerning FAF infrastructure and client, when i say game i mean the game itself.
- Organizer Community Tournaments
- Organizer Official Tournaments (basically LOTS, not sure if we need 2 separate badges here)
- Tournament PR (things like makeing TD casting happen on Twitch, getting casters onboard)
- News & Announcements (populate news, maybe post important news to reddit/steam)
- Content Creation: Casts
- Content Creation: Livestreams
- Content Creation: Creative (Trailers, Interviews, Memes ffs)
- Map Pools Director OR TMM Director
- Map Vault Director
- Mod Vault Director
- Trainer Coordinator
- Technical Help FAF (not only tech support, but also how to install/join/get FAF guides etc.)
- Technical Help Game
- Game Rules Help (would know for example what ingame things are currently classified as exploit and answer questions around that area)
- Community Help (basically the kind of nice guy i talke about in the election thread)
- International Community Help (integrate the russians somehow probably?)
- Community Feedback (could be part of Community Help instead, not sure)
- Social Media Accounts Admin
- FAF Admin
- FAF Developer
- Game Developer
- Game Balancing (not sure if balance should be split of from Game Developer)
- Coop/Mission Developer
- AI Developer
- Mod Developer
- Chat Moderation
- Forum Moderation (not sure how or if to split moderation: are these always the same people anyway?)
(- Discord Moderation)
- Badges Manager (basically making sure that people who own a badge are actually still active in the community and otherwise remove the badge until somebody wants to own that responsibility or vote, see below)
I have probably missed a bunch. Delegation (sub-badges) don't make sense for all of these, but i see no reason to not leave that up to each respective main badge holder.
In fact i would in generally only vote on anything if multiple people want to own the same "Main" badge. This is where im a bit unsure. I think the Badges Manager should organize votes if necessary, but this is a lot of power in a single person. But maybe thats not too different from now anyway.