New Player Councilor Discussion + Removal Announcements

You guys want basically a PR rep or a social media manager, too bad you didn't propose anything like that

@biass said in New Player Councilor Discussion + Removal Announcements:

a social media manager

Already supposed to exist 4head

Wait are u referring to nine2? From what i gather he should be doing that. Honestly i was a bit confused as to why ftx was doing faflive and stuff as a player councler and not the promo councler. Also when will there be a promo election? Im not trying to attack nine i just am confused by what each role should be doing.

@boom said in New Player Councilor Discussion + Removal Announcements:

Can I find a random quote from the other 2 candidates where they are toxic and spam this thread full of them without making any point, or will they actually be deleted now

I urge you to find examples of the other two candidates being toxic in the FAF community. FtXommando has a history acting unprofessional. I am absolutely certain at least one of the two other candidates does not have a history of Toxicity in the FAF community.

At The very minimum the PC should be professional and respectful.

Maybe I should run, ban the other candidates and win by default 🤔

@legion_darrath Make it like a North Korean Election. Smart.

@spikeynoob because FTX has time and nine2 doesn’t. And there is no election for promo councilor. That position is filled by the council I think. When nine was appointed it was because they held interviews and decided he was the best candidate.

I believe PC is the only one that’s elected by the players (because it’s Player Councillor). Others are appointed either through interviews or because they are the natural choice (like DevOps councillor, only very few people can even qualify for that).

It's appointed by interviews, but in general Councillor positions operate under the logic that if someone in the contributive team of said Councillor wishes to run some sort of election, they can inform the Council and something can be worked out.

Promo, like PC, would operate in the sense of if somebody in FAF wants to take up the position and they inform the Council, a public thread will be made for people to explain their platforms and then an interview process will happen where the Council decides on which candidate should take the seat.

At this point every Council seat has had a replacement so there is precedent to operate off of.

Okay, let us get back on topic then, @Rezy-Noob :

@FtXCommando said:

FAF Promotions

I'm planning on hedging the FAFLive channel as a way to garner interest in external promoters for some of the bigger end of the year events. With about 100 reliable viewers at any general point in time and (hopefully) aiming for 250-300 during this year's LotS, we should be entering the realm where sponsors may be interested in helping support community events. Ideally this results in both more tournaments and more exposure for FAF through coordinated media campaigns and connections to real world firms.

This is such a false promise! Who is going to sponsor us for 250-300 viewers? What kind of metrics can you provide showing that we will go from previous year viewership to this level?

I have reached out to a few companies and lower-tier gaming bloggers for representation and the answer is usually 'oh yeah that supreme commander game! that was cool; but, ugh... nah sorry man too old and not enough people!'

Can you please give details on this? If you have something serious here I would be very curious and turn my opinion around.

@FtXCommando said:

Training:
You don’t do any of this. Full stop. As far as I’m concerned I put you in the same box as Suzuji here. I do not care if you promise to upload 60 billion new videos in 1080p and 144 fps.

I am ridiculously active in the training channel to answer questions and help out with general management. I have also written 2 different guides, motivated BH to write his guide, and reviewed some of the guides that were posted on the old wiki. You have done none of this.

In the end I don’t think there’s anything wrong with collecting 50 videos to make into a list, but that sure isn’t a productive way to train anybody. You putting this as your sole action here does not inspire much confidence in you actually training anybody for me.

Also about your new player engagement, let me give an example of how that works. I went through the entire #newbie channel, so about 200 or so people, and directly pinged each and every single one of them. Why was that? Well I needed a <300 player to play with me and Farm in a tournament. I messaged them to ask if they were interested in getting some training. I got 3 responses. Of these 3, I spent several hours going through basic bos and how to look at the game. None of them logged on again. Then I got a random guy on the day of the tournament to play with us.

Training requires will to get better. How do you find that will? You wait for people to be proactive about it. Insert proverb about not being able to make a horse drink water here.

Yes, I do "train" and help people as much as possible, albeit not through your official system. I talked to a few of your trainers such as @Sladow and @RandomWheelchair , found that none of them really have much going on.

What we really need to get training going is something like an initial broadcast message to first-time logins describing how complex the game is and linking some "getting started" material rather expecting the individual themselves to be "motivated to find it." The layers and complexity of the community can sometimes be so engrossing that even the most motivated person can be clueless as to how to begin. I do not believe you have addressed this issue well.

As for training all the time, if you do it this frequently, and over the course of a few years, YOU MUST have some people that made it to a decent level and thanked you for your help. Could you have a few individuals support this by posting here about how you helped them to show what you do for them?

Your story about "pinging all the <300s" kind of conflicts your accomplishment here.

@thewheelie said in New Player Councilor Discussion + Removal Announcements:

community voting for balance team members is a terrible idea especially since it wont accomplish anything. How many people of the balance team should be elected? Majority minority or equal? You think there wont be issues of the majority 'team' dominating the decisions cause they are likely to disagree with the opposing team? After all the chance of people being voted in have a high likelyhood of disagreeing with the current state of balance.

Why not have each likely candidate put out a platform? Why is that useless? The choice between Tagada, jagged, petric, you, blackheart, tex, swkoll, etc etc why not? Of course people who have not enough balance experience would likely not make it.

@tagada said in New Player Councilor Discussion + Removal Announcements:

I don't really understand this whole fuss about balance team in the PC election? Like it's not up to PC to decide about balance nor who is on the balance team ...

No, but it is important they accurately reflect what the community feels about the balance team. He made a nice post about how to create a proper post in the balance thread, but does he actually care about the people who argue some points?

I asked him recently to explain what the balance team goal is to revert some elements such as mex assist to reach the goal of "more strategy" and he drew a blank. He also claims he is "better suited to run along petric because they are close." I think that is pretty awful he doesn't get info on long-term plans to help explain to those interested what is happening and why.

The community has gotten used to engymod for YEARS now, so why is it not viable to argue it is a player concern to go this direction?

@morax said in New Player Councilor Discussion + Removal Announcements:

This is such a false promise! Who is going to sponsor us for 250-300 viewers? What kind of metrics can you provide showing that we will go from previous year viewership to this level?

It doesn't look like a promise to me. Emphasis by me:

@FtXCommando said:

and (hopefully) aiming for 250-300 during this year's LotS, we should be entering the realm where sponsors may be interested in helping support community events.

The 100 viewers is the metric he has, the other stuff is just what he's aiming for and hopes to achieve.

Even a "hopeful" person should know that a 300% increase is kind of ambitious to predict, no? I want to know where he got the data or knowledge to say such a thing.

Do the twitch FAF live streams show previous highs and lows?

Please read the post again:

With about 100 reliable viewers at any general point in time and (hopefully) aiming for 250-300 during this year's LotS

The 100 viewers are for minor things that happen through the year.

the 250/300 metric is for the largest end of year event in FAF history.

They're not a goal or a graph, they're different things altogether.

@biass said in New Player Councilor Discussion + Removal Announcements:

Please read the post again:

With about 100 reliable viewers at any general point in time and (hopefully) aiming for 250-300 during this year's LotS

The 100 viewers are for minor things that happen through the year.

the 250/300 metric is for the largest end of year event in FAF history.

They're not a goal or a graph, they're different things altogether.

Please read my post again, @biass : how is it possible you can even "hope" to get a 300% increase in one year?

Last year's LoTS finals.

I don't see what your issue even is here, him trying to reach out and capitalize on FAF finally having a consistent coverage medium? Him being optimistic on viewership numbers? Wouldn't even call that optimistic, we weren't that far off of this metric last year already.

@fremy_speeddraw said in New Player Councilor Discussion + Removal Announcements:

Last year's LoTS finals.

I don't see what your issue even is here, him trying to reach out and capitalize on FAF finally having a consistent coverage medium? Him being optimistic on viewership numbers? Wouldn't even call that optimistic, we weren't that far off of this metric last year already.

Optimism is GREAT. I do not have an issue with that, but how about we see real data and metrics to say "yes, i have sponsors coming, or yes there will be this or that."

219 average viewers is nice. how about previous years? Are we certain the trend is really up ? I don't think we can tell because FAF live has not been around that long.

So let me get this straight: You have an issue with ftx having a goal of getting ~20% more viewers on faflive? You are demanding "real data and metrics" about the future growth of the channel because he put a 20% viewer increase goal?

Where is your real data and your metrics about all the fancy goals you put in your post?

Do you even read what you are writing before posting it?

Ban Anime

Do you dodge questions all the time, too? Where is the sponsor thing coming from?

And no, I am not mad, just calling out some stretch in thiking.