What happened to galactic war?

So, what did happen to it?
Is someone still working on it?
Or is it now dead for sure

It was broken, taken down and then not compatible with the new server.
Its being slowly made, afaik Askaholik and Brutus are working on it, but slowly, so soon™
alt text
alt text
alt text

Whoa screenshots! HYPE

They're still on the usual roadblock of having to find a way to tell the server to launch a game with x people without a lobby. These screenshots are mostly Askaholic messing around with the mapping software iirc.

Yes these screenshots are from an app that has existed for like 3 years now. So they are kinda old news. Also the thing you can’t tell from these screenshots is that it is absolutely unusable in terms of performance/lag.

But building the necessary lobby server features to support galactic war is what I’m working on now.

As I said, soon™

Emphasis on the ™

This looks fantastic is there any depository of Information on the project?

There is the same stuff that existed 3 years ago: https://github.com/FAForever/gw-backend/wiki

This is amazing. Are there any asymmettic battle functions? (The old GW had rank and credits you could use to buy reinforcements and summon them during battle. That was so cool!)

@ftxcommando said in What happened to galactic war?:

They're still on the usual roadblock of having to find a way to tell the server to launch a game with x people without a lobby. These screenshots are mostly Askaholic messing around with the mapping software iirc.

Literally no work has been done on anything involving how gw would play as no one can even be put into a game TO play

@funkoff was it you who made the game mod for it?

The only asymmetric feature implemented right now is the players involved. Games can be 1-4 vs 1-4 (so e.g. 2vs4 or 3vs1)

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

@speed2 Yes. I made the first several Forged Alliance mods and implementations of the reinforcement script. (If it's coded poorly, that's because I'm not a programmer 😛 )

Your supposed to say if it's coded poorly, someone probably messed with it

Well the mod "works" now. The server guys are behind

@speed2 It will need a slight update to how game results are reported for recalls. We are currently building a way for the server to handle those in a generic way.

@veteranashe If I were a programmer, I would have known to say that.

@speed2 The mod worked when I was the one developing it. I know how to make working code. It's just not always optimized very well.

has there been any updates to this yet, sounds like it would be great to play