Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense

I mean I don’t mind if you take a year to fix it and the bug exists, but if people want a solution NOW then the only options are actual, systemic changes rather than banning behavior that may or may not lead to bad game results.

Could you parse the replay of every game with an automated replay parsing tool @Askaholic that looks for the ctrl-K command of acu followed by another acu getting killed and game ending. Can your tool do that?

if you could extract this information it would give you a fix provided you rewrote how games are reported...
This would at least give you an idea of how many games this occurs in even if that is not the case

I don’t think the game results are actually saved in the replay, so even if we had a bunch of replays where the bug occurred it wouldn’t help us. It’s also not that hard to reproduce the bugs with the game results. I have a pretty good understanding of what happens, but not why since that’s buried in the depths of the exe. I also wasn’t able to figure out a fool proof way of patching over it in the lua which is why there are certain edge cases like the draw bug that still happen.

@askaholic said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

I don’t think the game results are actually saved in the replay, so even if we had a bunch of replays where the bug occurred it wouldn’t help us. It’s also not that hard to reproduce the bugs with the game results. I have a pretty good understanding of what happens, but not why since that’s buried in the depths of the exe. I also wasn’t able to figure out a fool proof way of patching over it in the lua which is why there are certain edge cases like the draw bug that still happen.

Its because of how game see weapon death. The ACU isn’t seen as dead when you ctrl-k. Rather lack of hetter term in a state of dying. (Imagine ACU has 1 HP Left) The death weapon goes off, killing opponent ACU. Which is SEEN as having died in this scenerio sense it was killed by an opposing weapon.

Basically the game doesn’t realize ACU is dead until after its destruction is finished unless its destruction is triggered by an external event.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

@thomashiatt said in Make the "Draw Bug" a Bannable Offense:

Aging software has no relevance to the rating bug and is largely fake news as proven by the 14-year-old game that still works perfectly despite the fact you cannot modify its source code.

The best example for FA being affected by aging software is the Nvidia driver issue. Without mod developers building a solution the game would be broken for all Nvidia users.

But yes, this particular bug might not have appeared if we hadn't touched anything. But the majority of people demands changes and improvements and accepts bugs for that.

You can still go play steam if you think raw FA was the best and doesn't need any changes.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

@swkoll that is not a rule but simple faf etiquette.

"Good luck and a safe landing commanders!"