This is where I'm going to be putting things as I work them out. Feel free to give input if you want.
Last LotS Insights:
- Do not offer funds to people that placed below 5-8th.
- Adjust group stage so captains choose their groups.
- Begin promotion work earlier.
- Create a caster schedule.
- Keep to approximately 10-12 games a day in the worst case for a player.
- Revert back to double elimination format for group stages (see 2019 LotS) to get rid of "useless games."
- Use the "veto down" system for the last game in a series
- Have assistant TDs keep track of faction vetos and general statistics for later data crunching
- Keep games clean of nonparticipants aside from casters.
- Keep the Official Tournament broken up over 3 days (from an individual player's perspective).
- Have group stages take place on differing days for more coverage.
- If not possible, have something like a caster for each group stage?
- Maybe include map gen in some way.
Point System Currently:
League Series (x4)
1st: 12 points (48)
2nd: 10 points (40)
3rd: 8 points (32)
4th: 5 points (20)
5th: 4 points (16)
6th: 3 points (9)
7th: 2 points (8)
8th: 1 point (4)
1st: 20 points (60)
2nd: 15 points (45)
3rd: 12 points (36)
4th: 10 points (30)
5-8th: 6 points (18)
9-16th: 2 points (6)
1st: 10 points (20)
2nd: 8 points (16)
3rd: 6 points (12)
4th: 4 points (8)
5-8th: 2 points (4)
9-16th: 1 point (2)
LotS (x3 with decay as you go through older years)
1st: 20-10-5 points
2nd: 16-8-4 points
3rd: 14-7-4 points
4th: 12-6-3 points
5-8th: 8-4-2 points
Options to think through:
Option A: 12 invites, 4 qualifiers
Option B: 10 invites, 4 qualifiers, 2 reserved
Option C': 8 Invites, 4 qualifiers, 4 reserved
Option D': 12 invites, 4 reserved (more space for breaking up group stage)
- Reservations would be based on last LotS performance.
- If I didn't include it here then I don't consider it an option.