Recovering a Steam link from a dead account

I tried FA Forever years ago and created an account using a now-deleted email address. Now, I'm trying to play again, and I can neither remember the original FA account's password nor link my same Steam account to this FA account (' Error You linked this account already to user with name "<name>" ').

I'd like to either recover the original FA account or link my Steam account to this FA account. Are either of these feasible?

Thanks.

Good news @sidehugs ! I was finally able to implement password reset via steam. Just go the password reset page and use the "Sign in via Steam button". After the login to steam you will be redirected to FAF to a page where it gives you your username and the ability to set a new password.

https://www.faforever.com/account/password/reset

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

Wonderful, thank you! Using that, I've recovered my account. I don't see a way to change the email associated with it, but that's fine.

On the website

Screenshot (84)_LI.jpg

Awesome, thanks. I was looking in the forum settings. FYI, the error for changing to an already-registered email may need a better user-facing message:

Error! could not execute statement; SQL [n/a]; constraint [unique_email]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: could not execute statement