Game is crashing with this error:

Happens randomly when in game, 5-10 minutes in. So far no repro other than playing normally and waiting for crash.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Forged Alliance Crashed with exit code 1
	at com.faforever.client.game.GameService.lambda$spawnTerminationListener$45(GameService.java:717)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

Other things: I was able to play a skirmish against AI no problem. I also am having an issue where the game doesn't exit properly. It will turn into an empty gray window and I have to kill the exe from the task manager.

This post is deleted!

Ok, I think I fixed it by moving my steam installation to a HDD instead of having it on my SSD. I saw a thread about how SSD's can be too fast for the game somehow and can cause crashes and it appears to have been my issue as well.

I saw a thread about how SSD's can be too fast for the game

I highly doubt that. Most people have an SSD nowadays and the forum would have far more threads about that topic. I use an m.2 SSD with several GB read/write per second and never had any problems.

Might be a permissions thing. By moving it, it would get new NTFS permissions, inherited from the parent folder.