Tourney "Deaf Archon"

@BIoodthirst So far, this is a trial tournament for intermediate and lower-middle-level players. If you like the format of the tournament and there is support from the community, the tournament will be held on an ongoing basis. Probably once a quarter

What’s the point in restricting in game chat but not voice chat?

Or rather, how would you stop people from using voice chat?

@FtXCommando anonymous accounts that are used to hide the real name of the player, in addition to everything in each new game you will have other opponents and a different person in the team

since teams are random, cheaters would often not even end up on the same team. When they are on the same team, they would get an advantage, but with 12 players, 2 cheaters means, from the cheater's POV, there is only a 1/11 chance they get matched to their fellow cheater, and a 2/11 chance that they are opposing their fellow cheater.

so for 9% of the games, the cheaters would get an advantage, and when they are against each other, they would have the ability to strategically throw games in favor of whichever cheater had a higher score, so that it's more likely one cheater wins the tourney.

This seems like it would be sufficient to discourage most cheating and contain the amount of damage that cheaters could do to the tournament.

If there were more than 2 cheaters working together, the advantage would be larger. But that also means a bigger number of people who could rat on you later.

oh ok I was confused until I saw the anonymous account thing. maybe add that to the OP?

@nine2 said in Tourney "Deaf Archon":

oh ok I was confused until I saw the anonymous account thing. maybe add that to the OP?

what do you mean by OP?

OP = opening post. I think you should edit the first post in this thread to include information that you are using an anonymous account - otherwise people won't understand

@nine2 edited in "anonymous tournament"

can you write with walls?

can you use yellow/blue/etc pings?
can you use text pings?

can you use marker pings that only say "x"

@nine2 The main conditions of the tournament:

• It is forbidden to use chat, tags with text and any means of communication between players of the same or different teams.

@nine2 The wall is a game object, players can use it as they want.

@nine2 The main conditions of the tournament:

• It is forbidden to use chat, tags with text and any means of communication between players of the same or different teams

How many sub 1200 players with over 1000 games are there that read the forums?

@BelLaPadula said in Tourney "Deaf Archon":

How many sub 1200 players with over 1000 games are there that read the forums?

It's for sub 1200 with sub 1000 games. answer is still not a lot lol

profile picture credits to petric

@BelLaPadula this is a trial tournament to have fun and understand whether the same format is needed on a permanent basis for highly rated players

ill probably be doing this tournament, these new tournaments that are different than the same old pros playing will bring faf up.