Unable to create Direct3D

Hi guys, today my game is not starting giving me the error "Unable to create Direct3D".
The game was running fine 4 days ago when i played last time and now it wont start without any changes on my pc. (at least to my knowledge)
Im Running Windows 10 64bit and the newest NVidia Gameready driver 461.72

Obviously Ive already been through the 1st page of google but nothing helped.
I tried deleting the games.pref, tried several compatabilty modes, completly reinstalled and multiple other stuff that was suggested but nothing helped.
Starting the game on steam yields the same error

If anyone has any suggestions, Id be happy to try them. 🙂

Full error msg in case that helps

java.lang.RuntimeException: Forged Alliance Crashed with exit code 1
	at com.faforever.client.game.GameService.lambda$spawnTerminationListener$45(GameService.java:717)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

EDIT: The Log always starts normal loading a bunch of stuff and then crashing with these two lines:

warning: GAL Exception: file : c:\work\rts\main\code\src\libs\gpggal\DeviceD3D9.cpp(189)
         error: unable to create device
warning: GAL Exception: file : c:\work\rts\main\code\src\libs\gpggal\DeviceD3D9.cpp(189)
         error: unable to create device

EDIT 2: After browsing the forum a bit it appears that the Java error is identical for several issues making it quite useless but ill leave it for completion 🙂

Appearantly this is the same Java Error as referenced in this post https://forum.faforever.com/topic/1286/faf-error-game-crash

c:\work\rts\main\code\src\libs\gpggal\DeviceD3D9.cpp

It's the development path from GPG for Directx 9
This is a fallback in case Directx9 or the GFX card driver can't be found.

Just a guess; Try to reinstall Directx9c.

Aight I kinda solved it, just posting in case someone else is wondering.
In my case I had closed out of GTA 5 via Alt+F4 and there was a half-dead process still chilling in the background.
GTA or the Rockstar launcher somehow messes with the monitor settings meaning while the process is active.
After I restarted my computer I got distracted and started GTA before testing the faf client so a new process was up again.
Closed both and GTA and the Rockstar launcher and the game started like normal.

TL:DR After youve tried everything the first page of google suggest, make sure to also check for unnecessary processes which could mess with monitor/graphic settings.

Responding to an old thread to try and provide insight in to how I fixed a niche flavor of this issue on my machine.

I've been running FAF on a 2-in-1 laptop (with pen + tablet functionality) that was primarily static on my desk. With this laptop, when you physically rotate it it will rotate the screen 90 degrees such that you can take notes, read, etc.

Ended up bringing it along to a hotel, and started having this issue. FAF can't handle portrait orientation, and as a result of my machine being in my backpack vertically for some period of time, it somehow got stuck in a weird state where it was showing that it was landscape on the display settings screen, but some bit was flipped to say that it was portrait. I flipped my laptop on its side once, and then back to normal and everything works fine now.

Hopefully save some other poor soul the headache of troubleshooting that one....