Who is AutoHost?

Heh it is just an AutoHotKey script

Do you have a raspberry pi doing that

No I didn't go through the effort of setting things up in linux. I just have an extra windows box lying around that I used.

10 games were launched by it last Sunday, 17 players with less than 500 rating participated. I think AutoHost is off to a great start.

This is an amazing addition to our community. Seeing it fill with lower ranked players over the past day gives me hope that player retention will increase, and we can gain more and more additions to higher level ladder.

Trying to autohost a 10-player game (Adaptive Twin Rivers) might be too much

Edit - Maybe there's a bug. In the lobby it says it wants 6 players. But the name of the lobby says 11/10 are needed.

That seemed to just be a temporary issue

I like this one. Did you talk to the dev team to support you on this idea to even improve it? (probably yes since your on the news page with this)

I mean the idea is great and your implementation is a showcasing it well. Something like this is needed for many new players. New players should find those games more easy.
Maybe your idea should be implemented natively to FAF.

Sheikah is part of the dev team šŸ˜‰

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

Autohosting is a great idea, seeing 5+ craters, 5 gaps and 3 setons with various rating brackets every time and only 2-3 non-standard maps(1 of which is autohost) is very annoying and boring.

@Brutus5000 said in Who is AutoHost?:

you all should have a tag's šŸ˜‰ (its not visible in Sheikah's profile in the first place)

@RaaFFC said in Who is AutoHost?:

@Brutus5000 said in Who is AutoHost?:

you all should have a tag's šŸ˜‰ (its not visible in Sheikah's profile in the first place)

This i agree on the old forum you could see whome was a Touny Director, Contributor Ect

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock