Rowey has kindly offered $35 to sponsor this tournament.
You have until the 20th of April.
Create a 10km map,
Make it 2v2, and in a summer/spring/early fall theme.
And post the name here. The best authors will recieve prizes.
1. $35 and the Grand Sculptor Avatar
2. Face of Faction Avatar
3. Logo of Faction Avatar
This is pretty standard for mapping tournaments. However rules dictate that you should create a map that is in a summer/spring/early fall theme. This implies a vibrant, sunny evergreen map. Creating maps that revolve around the summer/spring culture of a certain nationality are also fine, but:
A: If i can't tell it's a sunny theme from first glance, it still bombs out on the score.
B: make sure to let me know.
I'm adding a simple 4th score to ensure the theme is met. If you submit a map that isnt of this summer vibe, you score a zero and will probably not win this tournament.
This is on top of the basic Asthetics / Gameplay / Variance score we've used in the past.
Please note that adding custom props will help to boost your asthetic score as well as your "theme" score *if relevant), this is to help assist the new prop initiative mentioned here. and to reword you for your effort if you do decide to contribute.
Also, the map must be 2v2 and 10km. Nothing else will be accepted.
Usual stuff below:
You may only submit one map per author.
Maps already in the vault at the time of posting may not be submitted.
Maps that are currently in progress may be submitted.
Content is judged by an opinion panel, and like last time I expect that panel to consist of high level players, FAF councilors, and Ladder Team members. To avoid conflicts of interest, opinions of users who have also entered into the competition will not be considered.
There are still mutiple objective requirements. Make sure your content abides by them. Any map found to not meet these requirements will be instantly disqualified and I will not be showing any leniency.
- No Mass Deposit or Hydrocarbon Deposit limit
- No Decal, Prop, or Strata Layer (texture) limit.
- Textures missing normal maps, or with an albedo map instead of a normal map unless in very specific cases will be considered a "broken" map, and be disqualified.
- Any map name is permitted. Remember to abide by the client rules.
- The map must function correctly in the vault/lobby and be completely free of bugs.
- Furthermore, the Mass/Hydrocarbon Deposits must be placed on their decal correctly, and must not be misaligned.
- The map must be balanced for competitive play.
- Minor misalignments will be overlooked. Intentional unbalances will result in a DQ.
I want to have more than just myself judge tournaments. PM if you're interested and NOT competing.
See you in roughly two months.