Repairing vs. Rebuilding vs. Upgrading

Assuming this is still the case:

1. If the repair cost is 75% of the total cost, and rebuilding on a wreck costs only 50%, then if a unit is damaged beyond 66%, is it more efficient to ctrl+k it and rebuild on the wreck?
    (If there is 33% health left, 75% of the 66% to heal is 50%, the same cost as rebuilding on the wreck)

2. Can someone explain to me (using numbers—here are the unit stats for your convenience) the supposed "trick" the pros do where they ctrl+k a t2 mex then rebuild a t3 in its place? A t2 mex has its own build power, and produces mass as it's upgrading so it seems like it would be faster to upgrade the t2 mex than to rebuild from scratch using only the build power of the surrounding engies.

Thanks.

You get 729 mass from reclaiming the T2 mex or X mass generated by the T2 mex while it is upgrading to T3. Depending on how long it takes, 729 could be greater than X, in which case it would give you more mass to reclaim it and build a T3 than to upgrade it.

Does the t3 mex cost 4.6k mass regardless of whether you're upgrading it or building from scratch? I.E. is it not true that the cost of an upgrade includes the cost of the t2 mex (saving 900 mass)?

The cost of a mex is the same whether you are doing an upgrade or building it from scratch. I don't think the same is always true for other buildings though.

Huh. Should it be?

Still seeking an answer to question #1.

I still find this pretty unintuative.

Soon™️

Iirc from last balance team it was decided to ajust the price of T3 mex to take into accoubt the price of the T2 mex.
Though we weren't 100% how it would affect the reclaim etc etc

@axel12 said in Repairing vs. Rebuilding vs. Upgrading:

I still find this pretty uninitiative.

Do you mean unintuitive?

@keyser said in Repairing vs. Rebuilding vs. Upgrading:

Iirc from last balance team it was decided to ajust the price of T3 mex to take into accoubt the price of the T2 mex.
Though we weren't 100% how it would affect the reclaim etc etc

Not sure what you mean by this. How does it "take it into account" if upgrading from t2 to t3 doesn't reduce the cost of the t3?

--

Still seeking an answer for #1.