Merge engineers into support engineers to circumvent pathing issues.

Hey I have an even better idea:

Make engineers able to merge intona factory to add their build power to it. I.e. naval fac. Or so. Greatly reduces pathfinding issues. Doesnt that sound useful?

Or station them in it. Like in a carrier. So you can get them out and to another one.

I really love the idea of just adding bp into the factory by sacrificing engineers into it, though I could see us maybe wanting some upper limit on it. There would be pros and cons such as not possible to raid the bp with bombers or tanks, but also inability to repair the damaged factory. Allowing them to be stationed might go a little too far by giving tons of flexibility plus removing the risk of losing bp to bombers.

@BIG-BENNIS-MAGIC said in Merge engineers into support engineers to circumvent pathing issues.:

Or station them in it. Like in a carrier. So you can get them out and to another one.

Getting raided by an early bomber? Dump your engies into a nearby factory. Boom they're invincible now

@Deribus said in Merge engineers into support engineers to circumvent pathing issues.:

@BIG-BENNIS-MAGIC said in Merge engineers into support engineers to circumvent pathing issues.:

Getting raided by an early bomber? Dump your engies into a nearby factory. Boom they're invincible now

So make it a feature exclusive to Support Factories.

Crunches, crunches everywhere...

Just limit deploy to T3 engineers

Some cost and BP increase also can be done for T2-T3 engineers but this is much more complicated suggestion to balance.

advena, if we limited it to t3 engies it would be pointless. The problem is t1 engie spam. And deploying them does absolutely nothing to reduce the raw number of t1 engies that will still mess up pathfinding badly, just slightly to the side.

If we stationing engies in a factory exclusively for support factories it would be much less effective because many people often have massive assist around their hq. So you could just apply it to HQs and support factories. Maybe everything except t1 factories would be ok? Do we want to apply this to nukes or smds or quantum gateways? Not sure, but it would be possible and would have the same kind of effects.

And maybe stationing engies would not be op even for t1 factories if there was a delay period for the engie where it is idled before moving in or out of the factory. Something like 15 seconds each way, or 20 seconds in, 10 out. Just throwing out some numbers. Anyway, this would mean you are still fairly vulnerable to raids, and lose a bit of build time for the ability to station engies.

@PheatherNoob said in Merge engineers into support engineers to circumvent pathing issues.:

advena, if we limited it to t3 engies it would be pointless. The problem is t1 engie spam. And deploying them does absolutely nothing to reduce the raw number of t1 engies that will still mess up pathfinding badly, just slightly to the side.

Indeed, the amount of t1 engineers that reasonably ends up in the lategame needs to be sheltered in a single factory for this to work.

@PheatherNoob said in Merge engineers into support engineers to circumvent pathing issues.:

If we stationing engies in a factory exclusively for support factories it would be much less effective because many people often have massive assist around their hq. So you could just apply it to HQs and support factories. Maybe everything except t1 factories would be ok? Do we want to apply this to nukes or smds or quantum gateways? Not sure, but it would be possible and would have the same kind of effects.

And maybe stationing engies would not be op even for t1 factories if there was a delay period for the engie where it is idled before moving in or out of the factory. Something like 15 seconds each way, or 20 seconds in, 10 out. Just throwing out some numbers. Anyway, this would mean you are still fairly vulnerable to raids, and lose a bit of build time for the ability to station engies.

Support and HQ sounds wise indeed, good point.

T1, just no, every week there is at least one time I spam out T1 air in the late T1 phase. This should be visible and punishable.

Quantum Gateways... no assist patch could be coming and is better.

Nuke and SMD, absolutely not. If a player is spamming out nukes it should be very visible.

I agree that there would need to be some visible indicator how much bp has been added for nukes and smds because it is such critical info you scout for. I doubt we want to bother with something like that, so I can agree with just HQs and support factories, because it's not too big of a problem for t1 factory assist anyway. If they nerf ras sacus I wouldn't have a problem with quantum gateways though.

i like the deploying engineer idea or merging them based on tech level using a mass to merge inefficiency ratio so 5 t1 engys become a t2 and 12 t1 engys become a t3 engineer to discourage blatantly spamming t1 engys and expecting a 100% conversion ratio with no penalties