Replays by player ranking?

Hey, I love me some FAF, mostly just watching replays.

I downloaded a new version, and it seems that I can no longer filter replays by player rank. Is it possible to have this back? I like watching the best of the best play.

By the way, I had noticed a good fraction of replays are empty, 153b size. Don't know if that is a bug or not.

And as a suggestion, would be nice to filter replays by game length!

Thanks for everything in keeping one of the best strategy games ever made going.

We had to switch how the rankings are stored to support team matchmaker. This search will be brought back as soon as it is supported by the underlying database

@delphs As a workaround, you can use this custom search string to find games with high-rated players.

To run a custom search, you check the box for "display search query," which shows a one-line text box. You paste this in to the text box, and press enter to run the search:

I just took the top 65 names from the ladder leaderboard, these are your high-rated players.

(playerStats.player.login=="Fremy_Speeddraw",playerStats.player.login=="Blodir",playerStats.player.login=="Tagada",playerStats.player.login=="keyser",playerStats.player.login=="Blackheart",playerStats.player.login=="Nexus-",playerStats.player.login=="Shinobu",playerStats.player.login=="ThomasHiatt",playerStats.player.login=="Paralon",playerStats.player.login=="LuXy",playerStats.player.login=="TURBO",playerStats.player.login=="JaggedAppliance",playerStats.player.login=="TheWheelie",playerStats.player.login=="Tex",playerStats.player.login=="Turinturambar",playerStats.player.login=="Mephi",playerStats.player.login=="ZLO",playerStats.player.login=="NoundedElkWoob",playerStats.player.login=="Blast_Chilled",playerStats.player.login=="Robogear",playerStats.player.login=="WoundedElkNoob",playerStats.player.login=="Riddick_",playerStats.player.login=="BlInChIk",playerStats.player.login=="Swkoll",playerStats.player.login=="Maitz",playerStats.player.login=="Shen",playerStats.player.login=="Raider-",playerStats.player.login=="BuffMantis",playerStats.player.login=="EcoNoob",playerStats.player.login=="archsimkat",playerStats.player.login=="Heathcliff_",playerStats.player.login=="WhenDayBreaks",playerStats.player.login=="Eternal-",playerStats.player.login=="silentNoob",playerStats.player.login=="P0P0LIAK0V",playerStats.player.login=="F-Odin",playerStats.player.login=="Voodoo",playerStats.player.login=="XerxesGRONDNoob",playerStats.player.login=="ProfessionalNoob",playerStats.player.login=="Lainelas",playerStats.player.login=="Bonque",playerStats.player.login=="BUILD_MOAR_FLAK",playerStats.player.login=="Inspektor_Kot",playerStats.player.login=="Ti_Xi",playerStats.player.login=="LordVader",playerStats.player.login=="Space4Man",playerStats.player.login=="hurzer",playerStats.player.login=="sadabomination",playerStats.player.login=="Resistance",playerStats.player.login=="Aulex",playerStats.player.login=="DanComms",playerStats.player.login=="hybrid_",playerStats.player.login=="SiwaonaDaphnewen",playerStats.player.login=="KlotzNoob",playerStats.player.login=="Floppa",playerStats.player.login=="PinkFluffyN00b",playerStats.player.login=="sneed",playerStats.player.login=="HappyNoob",playerStats.player.login=="herzer",playerStats.player.login=="Iron_Commander",playerStats.player.login=="Morax",playerStats.player.login=="LargeMaleBennis",playerStats.player.login=="NullydozerBoob",playerStats.player.login=="Kalvirox");endTime=ge="2020-12-31T00:00:00Z";featuredMod.displayName=in=("Ladder1v1")

This search string only returns 1v1 ladder matches.

If you don't want to search JUST ladder matches, you can delete the very end of it (which I put in bold). If you get rid of the bold text, it will include TMM games, global ranked games, and other games.

If you want to look for TMM games only, replace the bold part with this

;name=="*team*"

It will pick up some false positives, but all TMM games presently have the word "team" in the title.

Or you can put some other custom search term language in. If you craft a custom search with the box checked, you can see how to set up your own search.

I rolled back to the team matchmaker beta client here https://forum.faforever.com/topic/854/team-matchmaker-beta-release-now-available and was able to search by rating again.

Hey thanks for replies! The custom search works great and I can always add more. Will try the client fallback if needed.

The old way of searching does still work for now but will be removed at some point in the future. Hopefully a new way to search by rating will also be created

https://faf-replays.firebaseapp.com/
You can filter by rating in this nice app.

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd